It’s been a while again… I’ve had, what I think is sinusitis, and have been attacked with unbearable headaches so I haven’t been able to sit at my screen and draw. Hoping that it gets better soon because it’s starting to get on my nerves.
Anyway, there’s a lot I’ve been wanting to talk about so here goes:-
1. #E3 2015. Oh my goodness. If I ever doubted that I was a nerd, watching the livestream of the video game expo on YouTube totally quashed any doubts in my mind. I was basically, in a state of continual nerdgasm, especially seeing the new Battlefront gameplay. By far the best for me was EA kicking off it’s awesome show with a Mass Effect trailer. I am so so so excited for that. It’s going to be hard waiting one and a half years to get my hands on that game. My cheeks hurt from smiling at the end of it. I’m sure playing Battlefront with my friends this winter will help with the wait.
I was talking to my friend on Facebook while watching the livestream, and our conversation was basically many “OMG”‘s over and over again. Haha.
“OMG OMG OMG it’s Mass Effect!!! OMG OMG OMG :D :D :D :D :D”.
2. Sims 4. Last weekend I was browsing Origin, which is almost completely pointless anyway because I have a MacBook, but saw Sims 4 was on sale at half price. So I ended up buying it with money I accrued selling my old games on eBay. I’ve been playing in short bursts as that’s all my head can handle without it feeling like it’s going to explode. Thank you sinuses. Sims 4 is pretty awesome, I thought I wasn’t going to like it as much given that there’s no toddlers and the build mode worried me. The build mode is flipping great, and I’ve been able to build stuff that I wanted to build in Sims 3, but was restricted. I decided to complete my Mass Effect fantasy and create a Kaidan and Shepard, and I’m pretty pleased with how they turned out, especially Kaidan. He even has similar mannerisms. I made my Shepard look like my Shepard, hence her lack of red hair. Kaidan’s working on the astronaut career path, and I still haven’t decided what I want to do with Shep.
Here’s my first shot at using the new build tools, I built this house in free mode. My Shepard/Alenko household are playing without motherlode though and are slumming it in a bungalow!
I should get some shots of the interior, it far outweighs the exterior. Also, I really love how custom content is so accessible in Sims 4. In Sims 3, EA charged for certain items and asked for Simpoints, you don’t need them anymore.
The only thing apart from toddlers, that I wish they would add is custom textures. Anyway, I’ve had a lot of fun playing this. November seems so far away from all the games I want to play on my Xbox One, however, my little one and I have been playing Lego Jurassic World, and it’s definitely my favourite lego game. My little one is really enjoying it.
3. I’m quitting smoking. So far, I’ve cut down by half, and my quit date is next week. I’m looking forward to not having to buy them ever again. I’ve quit before, plenty of times, when I was pregnant for instance, and many times after that. But I’ve always quit too fast, and it just doesn’t seem compatible with me and my “issues”. I quit for a week or so, and then I start again because it usually causes a depressive episode. This time I’m going to be all smart about it and do it slowly. Ease myself on to NRT, and slowly ease myself off that.
4. Me and my little one had our hair cut! I had a lot of hair cut off. Surprising how much it had grown in a year. It’s been so much better, I’ve been really struggling with this humidity we’ve been having lately. I know it’s nothing compared to what some of you have to experience, but I’m properly British and my very British body cannot cope with heat for more than one day without feeling like I’m melting. Plus, hardly any of us have air con, it’s making me want to book a hotel room for a night just so I can use air con.
5. I stopped taking Sertraline. Long story short, it was giving me physical health issues, I felt horrible constantly. It was a shame because in the first few months of taking it, it helped me a lot, but then, it just seemed to give me anger and the physical issues I had, along with hormonal problems. There were some days that I couldn’t do anything for feeling so horrible because of my meds. I’m happy to report that I’m feeling a lot better in that respect, in fact, I’ve been feeling a lot happier lately, more so than I have for a long long while! I’ve noticed my passion has come back with a vengeance though, which is 90% awesome, but being overly passionate about things can make you blind in terms of getting angry about things. However, it’s not all-the-live-long-day anger anymore, I just have to avoid things like comments sections on Facebook, the news, and instead focus on things that are (kind of) healthy to be passionate about like gaming, and art and stuff. I get to where I want to right all the worlds wrongs, but then get frustrated at the fact I have no power to do anything about it, I just have to sit and observe the world turn into shit.
6. Gay marriage is legal in America. This made me so happy, so completely ecstatic. It’s one step closer to being like the Mass Effect Universe. In Mass Effect, no one cares if you’re gay, or if you’re in love with an alien from another species, because it’s normal. Being in love is normal and should be celebrated, and people in love should be allowed to celebrate that love. It’s common sense. Gay rights are just human rights. I’ve always been outspoken in my life about gay rights, even though I’m straight, I just want us to move forward together as a species and step out of the horrible dark ages. This is one step closer to that, in fact, America made more than one step this week, and hopefully, they, and the rest of us, keep walking that path.
Anyway, I’m off to watch some more Prison Break and write out a birthday card before I go to bed. I’ll hopefully be back with some drawings when my head starts to feel a bit better.